Friday 25 January 2013

chili weather.

Thank goodness it got freezing cold, otherwise I might have forgotten what Canadian winter feels like.
(you can all sense the sarcasm, yes?)
It's chili weather.  
I loosely followed this recipe, but added extra veggies, as well as chickpeas.  
Oh, and I substituted vegetable oil with bacon... cause you know, it's bacon. 
(I fried 2-3 strips of chopped bacon before adding the veggies)
I also added a little extra of the spices at the end to perk up the flavour.
And you must have corn bread with chilli.
I used the same recipe as those corn dogs but instead of hotdogs,
I added some corn, chili powder and of course, cheese.
...anyone else getting hungry?

The snow is much prettier from home, so we stayed inside today.
Loading/unloading the stroller in -20degree weather with an angry bundled up baby
is not my idea of a fun time.
The things we do to pass the time...
She just wanted to roll around on the floor.
So I let her.  Cause I'm a good mama like that.
T.G.I.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment